10 things you need to know about being a volunteer at Big Love Festival.
Volunteer applications are now open, so we asked Jerry – one of our cherished volunteers – to give you some insight on what it’s like to be part of our family.
10 things you need to know about being a volunteer at Big Love Festival:
- Firstly, we always have fun. Whilst doing the roles we do takes a degree of responsibility, we are still here to have fun and enjoy the festival. We are there to make sure it all runs smoothly – integral pieces of the puzzle – but still get to see the music and workshops.
- Never be afraid to ask a question. We all have strengths and weaknesses, so some of us are better at certain roles and we are always on hand to share our experience. It’s all about learning and everyone started somewhere.
- If you’re a hugger then you have definitely picked the right festival, if not then don’t worry but the chances are you will be when you leave.
- Please bring warm clothes and bedding etc. Even last year with the heatwave, it did get very cold at night. Don’t be left shivering!
- Smiling is infectious, do more of it.
- Feel free to dress and look fabulous on shift as long as you wear your high-Viz on shift and shoes you can walk in – then anything goes! Check out out fancy dress Pinterest board to see the theme for this year.
- We are a small, super friendly and close bunch, so are already looking forward to you joining us to help us grow and spread the love.
- You will have the most amazing time. Period.
- On a serious note, all we ask is that you arrive on shift on time and bring an awesome attitude to ensure this is the best Big Love Festival ever.
- Finally, I love you already and can’t wait to meet you.
Thank you Jerry! You’re a star!
If you’re interested, read this!
We are looking for people to volunteer for 2023 to help organise and run our fun not-for-profit festival, as well as working on our fantastic bar with Impact Bars.