February 2021 update

The Big Love team have been working hard (from our private dwellings!) to ensure we have the best chance possible to stage our festival in 2021 and reunite with all the wonderful musicians, artists and ravers out there who attend our little piece of paradise at Baskerville!

Like many of you we were saddened but not surprised by the decision to cancel this year’s Glastonbury Festival. It’s a massive blow to the events industry and a real loss to lovers of great music and culture.

However, that certainly doesn’t mean that Big Love will necessarily follow suit. The sheer scale and complexity of larger festivals mean that their organisers need to commit one way or another many months in advance. A small festival like Big Love (we’re over 200 times smaller than Glastonbury!) can leave it much later before making that call.

We have the added advantage that most of our festival’s infrastructure is permanently on-site, which reduces equipment hire commitments and build times.

With the COVID-19 situation changing on a daily basis, it’s impossible to be certain how things will stand in four months’ time. We’re hoping that after lockdown, with the incredible vaccination rollout and rapid testing developments, a small event like Big Love will be possible. For once, being a really small festival actually has distinct advantages – and right now the biggest advantage is we can leave it until at least March before deciding whether or not to go ahead this year.

Right now, our aim remains the same: to create the friendliest most fabulous small festival possible! Incredibly, ticket sales for 2021 have been stronger than ever, even in the darkest of recent weeks; we love your positivity and share your desire to party once again!

Of course we need to be realistic, and it is possible that we will not be able to go ahead this year. We are in regular contact with events industry bodies, the Welsh government and Public Health Wales for the latest health advice, and will only proceed if it is safe and legal to do so. We will never compromise on the safety of our attendees, artists, crew or the local community.

We’ve also had some fantastic support from the Welsh government, who have recognised us as a growth cultural event. Whether we go ahead this June, or have to wait till next year to get together with our Big Love family, rest assured the festival’s future is 100% secure.

We are cautiously optimistic that the summer will be a very different picture to last year and are keeping all our fingers and toes crossed that our event can go ahead as planned. In the event that Big Love 2021 cannot go ahead as planned, all ticket holders will be offered the choice of a full refund of their tickets or to roll them over to 2022.

Whatever happens between now and June, we’ll keep you well informed all along the way.

Big Love x