Thank you to everyone who has been patiently waiting to hear from us for our plans for Big Love 2021.
Despite the Welsh government theoretically allowing events up to 4000 people outside, after extensive talks with the local authority and its Safety Advisory Group about the regulations, we have concluded the reality is that it is just not workable right now.
- Even with on-site testing, we are told that among other restrictions:
- The house would be out of bounds, with no use of the bar, function rooms and hall;
- All performances would take place outside, meaning no amplified music after 10pm;
- Social distancing would have to be in place for audiences, meaning ‘pens’ for bubbles of up to 30 people;
- Social distancing would have to be in place on the camp site, again with groups in designated pens or areas for bubbles;
- The council would be on-site to check these rules were being enforced.
As we’re sure you’ll agree, this goes against everything Big Love is about.
We said we would only go ahead if it were safe and legal to do so, and if we could guarantee a high quality experience for everyone attending (even if slightly different this year). Sadly we have come to the decision that we cannot go ahead on 9th-11th July.
However, the Big Love team is working hard to put on an event later in the summer, but it’s likely the main festival will be postponed until 2022 (we’ve been told unofficially that most of these restrictions at Baskerville Hall will be in place all summer). Of course we’ll let you know as soon as we know.
All tickets will be automatically rolled over to 2022.
Naturally, refunds will be available for those who need them (details here), but once again we ask you to support us by keeping hold of your tickets so we can continue to plan the next Big Love with confidence. We know it’s a big ask but if you can roll-over your ticket it will help us to keep doing what we do best – putting on affordable, imaginative independent events. Anyone rolling-over will be eligible for a large discount on tickets for any separate event we put on later in the summer.
We miss the Big Love family, but we’ll be together again soon – third time’s a charm!
Big Love x